Bad neighbourhood defines a websites that links to a website or network of website that are or have had employed unethical practices such as Link scheming, hosting spyware, malware, offensive material, including other illegitimate activities such as phishing.
Don’t link to these websites in order to gain a link to improve your search engine rankings, you are doing more harm than good to your website.
Identify Bad Neighbourhoods
- Partake in link exchanges meant to falsely increase their place in the SERPS.
- Duplicate existing website content
- Extremely repeat keywords to attain higher ranking. The technique is termed as keyword stuffing.
- Enclosing hidden text or links.
- Spam blog comments with links to the website.
- Provide different content to search engines and users through means of cloaking and redirecting.
- Have a large number (100+) of outbound links on a given page.
we recommend all webmasters to keep a close eye on who they are linking out to and audit their outgoing links on a regular basis to ensure that they are not creating a Bad Neighbourhood.