PageRank is a link analysis algorithm, given by Google King of search engine in the form of numerical weighting ranging from 1 to 10. The PageRank is assigned on the basis of each element of a hyperlinked set of documents, so as to measure its qualified importance contained in the set. Generally, it is described as a Google’s tool, used to weigh up every webpage on the grounds of the number and quality of backlinks.
In simple words, Google performs “elections” where each web page gives votes for web pages with hyperlinks to those pages. Some pages having high integrity are capable of having more than one vote and thus, are given more weight, depending on the search engine result page rankings)and hence help in improving the targets’ PageRank.
Advantages of having high PR
- Sites prefer to link with websites having high PR homepage
- More websites would choose for link exchange
- You will have a valid determination of the quality of the page
- Google will definitely crawl your site more frequently.
- More people would buy ads based on a site’s Page Rank.
- Good Page Rank makes a website appear as an “expert” in its field.