Creating a default (catchall) email account in cPanel Hosting Control Panel
We all know how important it is to have the flexibility of creating email accounts with every Web Hosting account. All the e-mails, addressed to an unavailable or mistakenly entered email account at your domain name are directed to the default (catch-all).
- Login to your cPanel to reach the interface
- Click on the default address icon to access the auto responders menu
- Now go through the drop down menu to choose the (sub) domain that you wish to set up a default address for.
The step will give you multiple options:
- To forward all unrouted mail to an email address, ensure to fill in the address in the box.
- To discard all unrouted mail with error to sender, give the message to be sent to the sender.
- The Advanced Options will let you select either to reject all unrouted mail or to line it to a program.
- Go to the option of “Change” to do your settings.