PhpMyAdmin is a LAMP application that is written in PHP. Its specific purpose is to enable users with the ability to interact with and administer MySQL servers. All the information of WordPress is collected in the MySQL database, which is then coordinated with the database to create information in the WordPress site. phpMyAdmin offers a graphical interface of the data, tables and fields stored in the MySQL database for database administration tasks.
The Prime Features of phpMyAdmin
- Insightful web interface
- Support for almost all MySQL features including SQL-statement execution, editing and bookmarking, Housed procedures and triggers management, databases, tables, fields and indexes management and MySQL users and privileges management.
- Data import from CSV and SQL
- Multiple servers administration
- Generating queries via Query-by-example (QBE)
- Searching worldwide in a database or a subset of it
- Generating PDF graphics of your database design
Most popular web host control panels, such as cPanel and Plesk, come with pre-installed phpMyAdmin, keeping you away from task of installing it. Normally, it comes from the database page. Anyone can easily download the phpMyAdmin and install it via the main phpMyAdmin project page. (All information is provided by the web hosting services provider).
A word of caution
PhpMyAdmin enables the user to openly interact with the database. As a user, you may play with the database as much as you require but you have to remember that there is no scope to “undo” an action. Hence, once an action taken, it cannot be undone. Henceforth, ensure to be extremely cautious while working with the database.