Using index manager in cPanel Hosting Control Panel
The use of Index Manager in cPanel Web Hosting will define how a specific directory index will appear to viewers who access it.
- Select the desired directory where you want to navigate your website’s contents with the help of pop-up window.
- Click folder icon next to the directory name to navigate the Index Manager
- Now go the directory that you want to change the indexing style for and click on its name.
Now cPanel will give your four choices as following:
- Standard Indexing:
- Contents show as filenames.
- Fancy Indexing:
- Appears the complete information about the files. For example: the size and time last modified.
- Default System Setting:
- The default given by your web host will be referred.
- No Indexing:
- No list of the contents of the directory will appear. Visitors will view a message mentioning that the contents are “forbidden.”
- Select the option you wish to take and save it