Password Protecting a Directory in Plesk Control Panel
The entire process to protect password in Plesk control panel begins with the obvious task of login into the Plesk web hosting account. Make sure you use correct password and username. In case of confusion, please speak with your Web Hosting Services Provider. Once you have reached the main screen interface, the steps needed to be taken are as follows.
- On your main screen interface, click on your domain to reach the domain manager area
- Now go to the tab “Web Directories” and click on it
- This will present to you the entire list of folders lying within your site
- Click the shield icon adjacent to the folder that you want to protect.
- Now you need to click on “Protect”
- Add user accounts and start managing the security for this folder.