Password protecting a directory in cPanel Hosting Control Panel
It is important to used Web Protect option in cPanel to safeguard your existing directories within the website from any kind of threat or unauthorized access. With password protection, users can limit customized access to the external sources and protect the sensitive data online, along with secured Web Hosting Services assurance.
Run a small program to password protect your directory
- Enter correct username and password to login to your cPanel account
- Below the Site Management header in Cpanel , go to the Web Protect link
- Explore and pilot the directory that needs to be prevented.
- Click on the folder name link to open the folder
- Tick the box adjacent to the LOCK icon
- To show in the Protected Resource Name field, enter a name of your choice
- Finally save it.